The lowest cost GrufeTile option. Your GrufeTile will be supplied with wildflower seeds pre-germinated depending on the season. In Spring and Summer your brown wildflower roof will burst into colour with flowers blooming. Local plant seeds may also blow onto the roof adding diversity. In Autumn and Winter the plants will die down leaving 60mm of 100% recycled growing media.
Vegetation: Consists of a mix of 20-30 varieties of wildflowers and meadow grasses. These are seasonal and the roof will lie fallow during Autumn and Winter.
Soil: The media mix (aka soil) used is a special substrate prepared specifically for the GrufeTile, but particular mixes can also be prepared depending on the planting and project requirement.
Carrier: Made from recycled Polypropylene, the carrier performs the following roles – a water reservoir, drainage layer, protection from excessive drying of roots from the airspace below, whilst the cups greatly improve product handling making it easier to install.
Installation: The GrufeTile is equipped with a nifty double-action coupling system: the tabs on the side of each part engage the edge in the gaps between tabs of the facing part.
● Low cost and optional maintenance
● Compressive strength 588 kg/module
● Water holding capacity of 5.8 litres/module
● UV resistant
● Temperature range -50°C - 80°C
● Carrier material 100% regenerated polypropylene (PP)
● Carrier measures 540 x 540 x 90mm
● Drainage surface 93.5 cm²/module
● Outflow volume 11.7 litres/module
● Saturated weight 22 kg/module
● 12 month guarantee (all components excluding vegetation)